While you try to synchronize QuickBooks with Intuit applications, such as field service management or report writing, or with any third-party application that uses a web connector, a technical certification number will indicate that this connection is secure. However, sometimes these certificates expire and leave you in the QuickBooks application with a certificate revoked error. Since this error seems technical and different from the usual mistakes that occur in QuickBooks, you may find dealing with it very serious. Due to this error, you may be unable to create an invoice successfully. If you use Quickbooks Payroll, it also encounters errors so if you want to learn how to fix Quickbooks Payroll most common errors, you can go through the link.
Here’s what to do. As part of this article, we will learn about all the potential solutions to fix the revoked certificate error on QuickBooks desktop. So keep reading!
Outdated or mismatched signing certificates can cause the QuickBooks application to crash. One such error message seen by users recently is “QuickBooks application has revoked certificate warning”. If you also get this certificate error, you won’t be able to synchronize data or open your company files. This happened because Symantec’s root certificate was revoked, making some certificates invalid.
What are the causes of revoked certification?
This error is often caused by one of the following causes:
- You have an outdated digital signature certificate for QuickBooks configured on your PC.
- This error can also occur when Symantec root certificates are revoked, which contributes to some certificates being invalidated.
- The QuickBooks Web Connector hasn’t been updated in a long time.
- The signing certificate for the application that you are trying to synchronize QuickBooks with may have an outdated digital signing certificate.
- Using an outdated version of QuickBooks can also be a potential cause of this error.
How can you avoid a revoked certification error message?
If you receive a certificate revocation error message when connecting an add-on to QuickBooks, it means that the add-on was digitally signed using the old certificate method. In such a situation, you can contact the developer of that particular add-on program to update the program with the new certificate. The developer may charge you a specific amount to do this. However, if you are using an add-on that cannot be updated for technical reasons, such as old components used during the development of the program, or if the company that created the add-on specifically that entity no longer exists, then in this case you give up the idea of connecting this program to QuickBooks and look for another alternative.
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Application With Revoked Certificate Errors Issues?
Now we will discuss the methods by which we can fix the revoked certificate error issues.
Method 1: Check the QuickBooks web connector version
Step 1: Check the QuickBooks web connector is up to date with the latest edition
- First, users need to view the web connector from the Start menu
- Then you need to select the open option
- Now you need to look from the top menu of the web connector window to display the current version number.
- In any case, if users need an update, they must download and install the latest version of the Web Connector.
Step 2: After doing The Above Step, The User Is Required To Identify The Presence Of Third-Party Digital Signature Is Valid
- Initially, you need to right-click on the application icon and select the open file location.
- Next, right-click on the app extension and select the Properties menu.
- Go to the Digital Signatures tab, then execute the prompt displayed on behalf of the signer.
- You then need to select the details from the signature list
- Click the Show Certificates option in the general tab
- Now you need to view the certificate from the general tab
- Users also have the option to view valid dates
- The last step is to click on the OK button and you have resolved this error.
Method 2: Set up the digital signature certificates for QuickBooks and the third-party application
Set up a digital signature certificate for QuickBooks
This error code is often caused by an outdated digital signature certificate. Follow the given steps to set up digital signature certificates for QuickBooks:
- From the start, go to the QuickBooks icon and select the Open File Location option.
- Then right-click on QBW32 or other ApplicationName.exe. extension.
- Right after that, select the Properties option. In Properties, click the Digital Signatures tab.
- In the list of signatures, you need to highlight the signer’s name and then select Details.
- In the next step, click on the Show Certificates option and then go to the General tab.
- Now you need to click on the Install Certificate option.
- Once done, click Finish and then click the OK tab.
Configure the application’s digital signature certificate
After you install the certificate for QuickBooks, you must also install the latest digital signature certificate for the third-party program with which you are trying to synchronize QuickBooks.
- First, go to the application installation folder and right-click on its .exe icon.
- After that, select Properties and then click the Digital Signatures tab.
- In the next step, you need to click on the signer’s name and then click on the Details tab.
- Now click on the Show Certificates option, under the General tab.
Method 3: Up-to-date QuickBooks desktop
It’s important to make sure your QuickBooks program is updated to the latest version. Using an outdated version of an accounting program can also lead to revoked certificate errors in QuickBooks. Follow below steps:
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Then click the Help tab.
- Here you need to click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Next, click on the Update Now option and then click on the Get Updates option.
- After successfully downloading the updates, exit QuickBooks.
- Restart QuickBooks, then click Yes in the automatic prompt to install the downloaded updates.
- Now try syncing QuickBooks with the third-party app again.
- In the next step, you need to select your version to download QBWebConnector.exe.
- If you install multiple versions, you need to download the latest version of QuickBooks desktop.
Method 4: Terminate all Quickbooks processes
Users can also resolve the revoked certificate error by ending the QuickBooks process in Task Manager. The obvious steps to implement this method are:
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys simultaneously. This action will open Task Manager.
- Now go to the Processes tab.
- Here, select the QBW.exe, QBW32.exe, and QBWebconnector.exe processes individually and terminate them one by one.
- Now run QuickBooks to check if the certificate revocation error has been resolved.
I hope it’s clear to you why you’re getting a certificate revocation error when trying to connect an add-in program to QuickBooks Desktop accounting software. If you have doubts about anything you can get help from QuickBooks desktop support.
Read more pages